Thursday, March 21, 2013

Surprise Thursday!

Thursdays are my day where I start school at ten, so I can usually sleep in a bit; but they're still usually my least favourite because it's the most class I have in a day and it's all closer together than other day. Today was better though! Mel called me before I got to work saying that her kids were saying we may get half a day off tomorrow because there is some test happening or something. Later in the morning our principal emailed us confirming that we all actually get the WHOLE DAY off tomorrow! I think I was as excited as the kids! This means I can sleep in, hopefully get some marking done, it should be good!

As if that wasn't enough to put me into a good mood, our new assistant Berry..... it was Strawberry but she shortened it, came in right before my afternoon classes started and handed me my mail! I had a package from my friend Megan. It had all kinds of goodies in it! One of the things was a "foodie" thing from David's Tea. It came with a bunch of different kinds of teas and recipes that you can make by adding these teas into them; I'm really excited to try, they sound awesome!

It was a little annoying to teach because the kids were acting like it was the last day before summer since they had a three day weekend, but we got everything done that I was hoping to!

After school finished Mel and I biked to get dinner. I passed a lot of my kids as I was leaving. One kid said where are you guys going? I said to get food, he said... in your pajamas? (I had gone home and changed out of my school clothes into pajama'ish clothes) These kids wear some messed up clothes and then they think it's weird when I wear plaid pants and a hoodie; come on!

We got to the dumpling place where we go and ordered and sat down. Then this man who was also eating there just came and stood beside our table and stared at us. Finally Mel said hello in Chinese and he said it back. Then he just kept talking and talking and talking. We kept saying in Chinese that we don't understand (a handy phrase to know) and yet he just kept talking. Once we started eating our food he got bored and walked away.

Now it's 7:40 and I'm so tired I could probably go to bed .But instead I think I will eat some of Megan's chocolate and try one of the new teas out that I haven't tried! As of today I've also officially been in Jinhua for 27 weeks; WILD!

No comments:

Post a Comment