Today has been interesting so far. I got up and did some marking, which was boring as I'm sure you can imagine. Then I had class, and this section is normally the most controlled and "mature" group out of the three that I have. But not today. There are two kids who always bicker with each other but today it was worse. Every 5 minutes one of them was calling me over to tell on the other to the point where I just told them to stop lol. Then I was teaching a group of four boys about how to use your hands shaped like L to tell which way is left, during this time one of the boys gave the other boy the finger. I told him not to do it anymore and he looks at me, giving me the fingers and says what? this? I didn't even know what to do; a kid just gave me the finger! I told him to go sit by himself at the back of the room and he begged not to; I thought that was a pretty mild punishment considering that I could have sent him to the office or something. Then he pretended to not know what it meant; these kids DEFINITELY know what it means.
He came and apologized after class which was good. And one of the two who kept bickering swept up the mess they were blaming on each other. But I told the class that it felt like I was teaching kindergarten today. It really did. I do not envy kindergarten teachers; I don't have enough patience for that.
On the plus side Mel's kids ordered food to the school today and put in an order for us too so I got to have pizza delivered to my desk for me at lunch! That made me feel better haha.
There was another thunderstorm last night, it woke me up in the middle of the night. I still hate thunderstorms!
No comments:
Post a Comment