So tonight was my first adventure into the actual city all by myself. I took the bus, successfully made it my destination to buy what I needed (Peanut butter, bread, garbage bags, beer, mugs, glasses, etc). I then successfully took a cab from there to a restaurant. It involved the cab driver laughing at me hysterically while I read my chinese-english dictionary. When my dictionary failed me I just looked at the road, through my hands down in a straight line and said "STRAIGHT" (because where I wanted to go was on the same road, my beer was just too heavy to carry for a 15 minute walk). He finally just started driving and when I saw the place I said "ting" because I think it meant stop and I was good to go.
At the restaurant I got a margarita (it tasted like one too) and it is known for its western food, so I got a chicken, cheese, mushroom, onion sandwich with FRENCH FRIES (my friend Keirst will be pumped about that). And it was DELISH. Unlike my meals I've been eating with chopsticks, I inhaled this one (impossible for me to do with chop sticks)! Then I ventured home and the cab driver knew where I meant to go the first time I said it. He tried to chat with me the whole way home, but every time I just smiled and shrugged and then he'd laugh for 5 minutes, but I got home so that was good!
The trek into town took me nearly 4 hours, and I got very little accomplished but I at least know I can get there by myself and get home without getting too lost! When I got home I skyped my sister for a bit and then one of the other teachers called me to go hangout with them. Now it is definitely past my bed time! There were more funny stories from my journey into town and lots of photos, but I'll post those tomorrow!
I almost forgot to mention, a few of my students apparently saw me on Saturday while we were on our way to hot pot and today she said, "Miss Young we saw you and Miss Killens walking on Saturday and we said hi and you ignored us!" I assured her that I just didn't see her, but I still felt bad!!! They are all so cute.
Anyway, the principal is coming to my class for second period tomorrow, so I should probably go since at this rate I am going to get 5 hours sleep tonight max (why do I do this?!) NIGHT!
Night from Kingston!
ReplyDelete