Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11

Last night I had my "Last Supper (in Canada for 10 months)" with my family; it was technically for my brother's Birthday, and being the nice guy that he is, he hosted and cooked his own Birthday dinner; it was DELISH. After dinner I went and watched my Mom, sister, cousins and (soon to be) sister-in-law win the Championship for their baseball league WOOOO!!!! After the game I went home and packed the last few items of clothes that I had washed that day and closed up all of my bags (which involved also sitting on some of them to do so).

My attractive cousin Kait (who is wearing 3 sweaters)
View out our patio door this morning
 I started out the night last night sleeping between my sister Mary and my cousin Kait; getting my last minute cuddles in before I go off to live by myself for the first time. As nice as this was though, I woke up at 1:54 AM and was so HOT! So I dragged my pillow to my own room and actually fell asleep AGAIN, I didn't think that I would get that much sleep in. I finally got out of bed around 5:45 or so and started getting all of my last minute things together. Everyone at my house got up and we all said our good-byes and I got to see a very pretty Canadian morning sky for the last time for 10 months.

My awesome parents who I am going to miss
so much (along with the rest of my family)!
My parents and I then embarked on our journey to Toronto where we obviously stopped and got some Tim Hortons (for the last time for ten months) and we got to the airport in pretty good time. I then had to drag my heavy heavy heavy backpack to the check-in counter with the help of my mom while my dad parked the car. Much to everyone's surprise my only over-weight item was my carry-on, which was easily fixed. We then wandered around the airport for a bit putting off goodbye and then 10 o'clock rolled around and I figured I should get this show on the road. We hugged several times and even had a pretty awesome group hug (I'm sure we were being stared at). Saying good-bye was hard, and the next 25-30 hours are probably going to SUCK (because of travel time and already missing all of my family and friends); however I am hoping this experience is going to be worth it!

As I sat (and actually still sit) at my gate I started thinking about the fact that I am on my own now, I am actually moving to China and yes the thought, "Why the hell did I DO this" did pass through my head along with "What the hell was I thinking?" But I think that is a normal reaction. These thoughts were then followed by "Oh my God, I live by myself in an apartment in China now (well technically in like 30 hours I do)" and "Oh my god I actually have to teach my very own class all by myself in a few days." BOTH are scary thoughts.

My sister Mary and long-time room and bed-sharing buddy
Now I just have to get through this next day and a half of travel (as I listen at my gate to the News talking about the 11th Anniversary of 9/11 [at an AIRPORT, SERIOUSLY?]). I guess there is no turning back now, I could probably still turn back, but I know (hope) I won't. I am definitely going to miss my family and friends, but 10 months goes by fast, and now it is technically like 9.5 months thanks to the lovely delay in my Visa getting prepared.


<3 Mary with my bags that I will be checking, HEAVY!




I'll miss you Canada, don't forget me please; I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment