I forgot to mention that yesterday at the market I bought eggs. Sounds like a simple enough task right? The thing is is they give you your eggs, loose, in a bag! Needless to say I purchased six eggs and five made it home. They made for a yummy breakfast though; I made egg/banana/peanut butter pancakes in my rice cooker....It took forever to clean the rice cooker after but I think it was overall a success; I managed to cook myself something other than steamed vegetables! Now I am currently cooking some dumplings, so we'll so how those turn out!
I still haven't really had a day where I've slept in. I got up at 730 am today and tried to put off doing work for as long as possible by skyping with my cousin and then my mom (who was having a girls night with all of her cousins, having fifteen people staring at you on skype is a little wierd)! Then I couldn't put it off anymore, I finally hunkered down and wrote my first unit test. It was hard. I didn't know how long to make it. The test that I wrote takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to do. The students have an hour and a half. I think some of them will finish it faster than I did!
We were going to visit a temple today but its been raining all morning so I think that trip got postponed. We are however going to get "hot pot" for dinner. What is hot pot you ask? I am still not entirely sure. People here have talked about it quite a bit and yesterday when I asked my co-worker what it is we were getting he said "You get a bunch of food and you put it into this pot"...and I said.."Let me guess, the pot is hot?" and he said, "yes, and then you eat it!" So we'll see how that goes!
Now for today I still need to mark an assignment, write out the review that the kids need to do for the test and start planning the second unit! Sheesh! I am really interested to see how they'll do on my test though. I think some of them find the material really easy (they have in fact learned it all before, just not in English). But I think that some of the kids don't get some stuff but just don't want to ask. Yesterday was the first time someone said I went through an example too quickly (I was kind of happy since before this point, they all acted like the course was too easy for them...). I have also been brainstorming different ways to keep them from cheating on the test. Last year 23 of the students cheated on a final exam. 23! They are so good at whispering I'll hardly notice, I'll have to watch them like a hawk! I guess that I should probably go back to focusing on preparing them for the test now though...
No comments:
Post a Comment