Sunday, September 23, 2012

God's Day

I went to the office for a few hours this afternoon to do work. I was surprised that a few people actually came by while I was there. One of my co-workers informed me that I shouldn't be working because it was God's day (I think this is a good philosophy). I worked for a little longer and then took a very extended break. I printed off my test that I am giving this week and sent it to be copied. I also started writing/ organizing notes for the beginning of the next unit, but I have gotten very little done in that regard.

I went to the store on my way home from the office to see if they had postcards, I think I will have to learn the word for them in Mandarin and try to find them the next time I go into town. When I got home I started steaming some dumplings and veggies and ran up to one of my co-workers rooms because he told me he had banana bread. Let me tell you, I could have eaten the whole pan! It was so delicious, and the best part you ask? IT HAD MAPLE SYRUP IN IT! Yes, apparently you can get syrup in a city a couple of hours from here!

The yummy dumplings I've been making; I've also been
practicing my chopstick using skills!
Today I have also been doing laundry. Luckily nothing has fallen yet today (knock on wood). I am however worried about the speed with which it will dry since I washed my only big towel, a towel should be on my next list of purchases. The unfortunate thing is though that they don't have big fluffy towels like we do; just thin ones that get sopping wet when you use them.

Today I have also been trying to figure out what I am doing with my classes for this week. I have the rest of this unit all planned out but the plan for the week is still up in the air. Since the three sections are all at different places in the unit and there are only two days in the week that all 3 sections have my class it is going to be difficult to pick a day to have the test. I think they will have to be tested on different days, which won't be good for cheating...but what can ya do right. Yesterday I marked the one sections graphing assignment, the other two haven't done the assignment yet, I am not looking forward to having to mark them...marking graphs is ANNOYING!

The students are allowed to leave campus around noon on Saturday, so that is a busy time to be out and about. They then usually come back on Sunday evening (a lot of them go home, some of them stay the whole weekend). This weekend though the kids had to be back by 8:30 this (Sunday) morning! Why would they bother leaving? They had to be back to practice for the school's 110th anniversary that is happening at the beginning of October. Only the year 3's (from what I've heard) are actually doing something at the celebration, the other students had to come back early so that they could practice walking into the auditorium! That is definitely more annoying that marking graphing assignments (at least I think it would be...)!

This is my egg/banana/peanut butter concoction that I have been calling a pancake....looks worse than it tastes!
These are the types of oranges
I have been getting
from the market. This is ripe and ready to eat!
Apparently our staff (with the exception of a lucky few) must have tasty skin. We have all been getting SO MANY bug bites. I don't notice myself getting bitten but then all of a sudden a new spot is swelling and itchy. I need to get it to stop! I think I jinxed the one teacher when I told her about it because it hadn't been happening to her and then after she said she was getting them, they started getting her too!

SO YUMMY!



My favourite chips!!!!


Anywho, I need to go plan this next unit so that I am not super far behind (I guess work can't really stop to rest on God's day after all)!

1 comment: