I had the first section's tests marked and I told them they could come see what they got on the test. It was interesting to see how many of them were disappointed with their grade when the lowest mark was a 72 and the average was almost 90 (apparently that's how it usually is with the math courses here).
Yesterday at lunch we went and tried a new place (new to Mel and I, not new to the person who took us). It was DELICIOUS. Thank goodness Mel and I didn't have to order, we would have had no idea! But the other teacher pointed and said some words (no idea what) and we ended up with three dishes to share: a tomato and egg mixture, a bean (I think), pepper and beef mixture and a cabbage stir-fry thing. They were all so good! But my favourite was definitely the beef dish (I haven't been eating much meat here, mainly because buying it at the market looks like a scary experience for me lol).
Last night 4 of us teachers hungout (thank goodness for other teachers or I'd have no friends lol). Then I came home around 1 am (wow night hawk.... not lol) and it was kind of neat because it was afternoon at home. So my friend asked me to call her and I did, funny how the middle of the night is one of the most convenient times to get a hold of people at home.
It is officially our holiday now! The mid autumn festival (I think?) It doesn't feel like a holiday quite yet since all I have thought about this morning is how much work I have to do (marking and planning for the next unit, and I need to have my course outline and unit plans handed in by the end of the holiday). But since it IS a holiday (and because I'm really good at procrastinating) I cleaned up my apartment instead....it needed to be done though!!!
I think later today Mel and I are going to go into town and get me a bike! That way I'll have a more dependable mode of transportation than that weird piece of metal on wheels that the school provided me with! Then once we have our bikes we can go explore around town and inevitably get lost. Luckily I know mainly ONE word in Chinese (well one phrase) and it is the name of our school!
Remember the moon cakes I spoke of? Here are some photos:
![]() |
| This one was pumpkin |
![]() |
| This one was Red Bean or something? It was all written in Chinese |
![]() |
| This is the kitten I talked about that my kids are keeping as a pet! |
![]() |
| So little and CUTE! My friend Amanda will think its super cute (and probs be even more concerned than I was that it's so little and the mom is not around anymore)! |
Anyways, I should go finish cleaning up and get ready to go into town (I mean I should go do work.....)!!!









Love the kitty - poor thing (you called it)
ReplyDelete