Saturday, September 29, 2012

My New Bike (I like to take it off of sweet jumps)

So today I actually did a bit of marking (once I finished cleaning my apartment and had nothing else to do OBVS)! I still have lots left, but it's a start! Then I took the bus into town to go to Walmart and get my bike! Mel and another teacher, Solomon, had ridden their bikes downtown and met me there. Then Mel and I were both starved so obviously since we're in China we hit up KFC....I had french fries and one of their ice creams again so yummy. I tried Mels chicken and it was WAY better than KFC at home..and less greasy! If something is LESS greasy in China, you have a problem! lol.

Mel enjoying her chicken!
Then we went to Walmart to get my bike. I took a photo of the Walmart greeter because I figured my Aunt Mary Lou would like it! I bought my bike, a helmet, a lock and a back pack all for under 900 RMB, which means it was less than 150$ (WOW)! I also bought some Baileys while were there...reminded me of second year pre-drinking with my friend Erica before ritual (those were the days)!!!!!!

Then it was time to bike home...that was the scary part. It started off nice and calm, and then all of a sudden we're at a giant intersection with tons of traffic and there are NO LIGHTS! Its not that they were out, its that they are NEVER there. It was terrifying, but we made it!

This photo is just to treat everyone! But mainly for Kait, Keirst and Mary because yes even in China they still have people who thinks double denim is okay!! Even funnier was 4 minutes after I took this creepy photo, I was on the phone and wasn't paying attention and this girl apparently asked Mel if she could get a photo with us. I guess white people are as weird in China as double denim is at home!!!

WALMART!!!!

The walmart greeter...aka the Chinese Mary Lou!!!

Mel with her bike at the terrifying intersection; thought we should take one last photo in case we died!

This was just pretty and was behind us at the intersection

Me and my new bike, my new helmet and my new backpack!

SO SCARY!

The pretty bike ride after the scariness was all over

Mel trying to get a photo with the moon but it was hiding

There's the moon!





Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........ Baileys, now if only my friend Erica would come to China and take fake notes in a class with me while we drank this......yummm.

My new stuff!
So far I have done quite a bit on my holiday, hopefully tomorrow (maybe tonight too but I doubt it...) will be more productive work-wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment