Monday, September 24, 2012

Nice Surprises

I have only had one class so far today. I told my students that the bonus question for their assignment was "What should Miss Killens and I do on our holiday in Jinhua and Hangzhou?" (Definitely math-related!). I haven't read all of their answers yet but a few of them came up and told me their ideas. One student told me I shouldn't go to Hangzhou because it will be very busy (because of the holiday)....I had heard this but I think we still want to go anyway. It turns out she was right because upon looking up hostels when I got home, there are not many left with vacancies, so we need to book that ASAP! Another students came and wrote down her phone number and said "I come from Hangzhou so call if you have any problems." The kids here are just the best!

A common suggestion was to go to West Lake which is one of the main attractions in Hangzhou, so I think we will definitely do that. Another student's eyes lit up at the sight of Hangzhou and said we should go shopping. One student said that at the In Time (the mall) we can go skating, she said ice skating, which surprises me, but I am not sure if she just meant it's LIKE ice skating. We shall see!

I left my class and went to the office to find that we had all been given a little box on our desks, I love surprises like that!





I decided today that there is no way I will be able to have all 3 sections of my course write the unit test on the same day. I think one section will write on Thursday and the other two on Friday. So hopefully that goes okay.

I did ANOTHER load of laundry today. The washing machine is so small, I think I will be doing laundry a few times a week (not fun). It'll be even less fun in the winter when I can't dry stuff outside (we don't have dryers). OH WELL. Now I'm off to the office to lesson plan some more and then another class. This class is with my students who are supposed to be responsible for cleaning my classroom so I am going to have to have a talk with them about that (my classroom is disgusting)!

No comments:

Post a Comment