So I only realized earlier today when I blogged that the times listed with my posts are off. I have a VPN that makes my computer thinks it is elsewhere so that I can access everything that I want on the internet, so I think when I post it says the time that it currently is in the Western United States; so you do the math! For the record right now it is Sunday night, the night before my first EVER day of teaching on my own...and let me tell you it is kind of hitting me now.
We went for dinner at a woman from the Chinese school's apartment, it was DELICIOUS, but now I am realizing that I still have no photocopies for tomorrow, I am not entirely sure I will be able to figure out that projector since I am technologically challenged and my lap top has just this evening began giving me a warning that I should replace my battery; so that's GREAT!
I have tomorrow's lesson all planned out but I have still been running through everything that could and may go wrong:
i) What if my projector doesn't work?
Solution: I write it all on the board (in my AWFUL chicken scratch lol)
ii) What if I ACTUALLY throw up from being so nervous
Solution: Bathrooms are down the hall
iii) What if the photocopier STILL isn't working tomorrow
Solution: Also write all of that on the board and have them copy it down
iv) What if the kids can tell I am in WAY over my head?
Solution: None that I can think of yet
v) What if I haven't planned enough stuff to take up the entire 90 mins?
Solution: Have the students clean the classroom (which is much needed)
So that makes me feel a LITTLE better; brainstorming possible solutions.
We also have a service in our office where the assistants will run copies for us (with some other method than the photocopier in our office) if we get our requests in in advance; so I will start doing that to avoid this headache. I tried to put a request in yesterday but unfortunately I still cannot find the slips of paper that we are to use for them; I will have to ask tomorrow.
I also cannot shake this sore throat! So hopefully it is better tomorrow, or at least no worse!
My friend Megan informed me today that the new Killers Cd is free to listen to on Itunes for the next little bit and I have been playing it ALL day; its pretty good!
I keep having the best intentions when it comes to lesson planning but then I get distracted either with actual things I need to do or with various procrastination tactics that I have become an expert at during my five years in University.
Today I was distracted by Walmart. And yes, my Aunt Mary Lou asked if they had Walmart greeters and they DO! It was set up a lot like our walmart just different products. They did however have a few things that were the Walmart "Great Value" brand, but not many; one included a low alcoholic beer...I laughed.
We got stuck in traffic in our cab on the way back to the school and it turns out it was because of an "Anti-Japanese Protest" about this whole island dispute that is going on between China and Japan. I am used to hearing of people protesting for peace but apparently these people want a war; I am sorry, but I really really really really really REALLY hope there is no war while I am here!
We apparently get a week holiday at the beginning of october. I am tempted to go travel somewhere but at the same time a week would allow for A LOT of planning time, which would be nice. It would also give me some time to explore around the city because every time I go out and about I am with people who know where they are going and I feel like I am always really confused about where we are. It would be nice to have a better idea of how to get around and where things are in relation to each other and how to actually get places on my own. We shall see what happens!
I know I mentioned that last night I ate street BBQ but I don't think I mentioned that I ate octopus! It had a pretty weird texture and I don't think it would be anything special on its own but they had awesome spices on it!!
Anywho, I have a date set to skype with my family tonight (this morning for them) so I think I will go try to get them on the computer; wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!!!! (and if not luck at least not disaster!)
No comments:
Post a Comment