Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Funday

So today I ventured into town again on my new bike. It was pretty nice! The intersections/roads were less busy today, so I felt less like I was going to die the entire time! We have finally started noticing how much we get stared at and today we'd turn around and see people take a photo of us; pretty sure you can get charged for that in Canada!

Look familiar?
My Sandwich!
We went to Amy's Coffee which looks suspiciously like Starbucks (they LOVE to copy stuff here). It was nice; I got a caramel mochiato and a club sandwich! YYMMY!!!! The coffee was more expensive than the sandwich (it's a rarity here)! We did some marking (not nearly as much as I need to) and then biked home. We even managed to find a short cut! (only after trying to sneak through a no-bike zone and getting yelled at....twice, by the same guy..oops!)

My caramel mochiato!
Prior to leaving another teacher ordered beer for everyone who wanted it so we each got 3 cases of beer for around 20$ Canadian! NUTS! Now I don't have to lug it around town for awhile and feel like I'm a frosh again (or a university student in general) because it gets delivered to my apartment! Speaking of which, have I mentioned how much living here is like living in residence? The only main difference is that a lot of your friends are on other floors than you (We did not stray too far from McNeil 1...except for Johnny going to McNeil 3...and a couple interesting encounters with the McNeil 2 people). We don't need to leave our building to see each other, I need to take a lanyard with my keys on it EVERYWHERE! If I lose my keys I am screwed (just like in Res)! Another similarity is getting far too comfortable in your building and never wanting to leave (and as long as we don't have to go to work we really DONT have to leave...scary stuff lol).

Photos from the park!





Photos from the bike ride!



Mel working hard at Amy's

Open book or drink something delicious??? Easy choice!

They give you a glove to eat your sandwich bc its so messy! lol

Beer when I got home!

Don't forget about this guy!

Since it's the holiday right now all of the students have gone home and a lot of the teachers are not here. So campus is super empty and kind of eerie while going through it. When we got home today we marked a little more so naturally that called for some procrastination (hence the blogging) Anywho, I should get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment