So last night I actually dragged my butt to the gym for the first time. You'd think with there being ten teachers here that if you randomly choose a time to go to the gym, odds are you'll have your pick of machines, but no.... I got there and all of a sudden nearly half our staff was at the gym! Another teacher came to get me at my room today and make me go to the gym (yes, made me) and sure enough by the time I left there were 5 of us there; I guess our schedules are all too similar (oh well, 5 is still WAY less crowded than the ARC ever was when I was there)!
There were more presentations in my classes today and they still haven't started to bore me (you'd think 75 students with the EXACT same topic would get boring, but it hasn't...I think mainly because they all interpreted what I meant differently). I also found out today that my kids have a kitten they are keeping in one of their other classrooms and I have NEVER seen something so tiny, I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow. Its really cute but I'm not going to lie, I disinfected my hands immediately after touching it.
So there is a site in China kind of like E-bay and its called taobao, but you have to be Chinese to have an account. I had been looking at Tretorn boots (just rubber boots/ winter rubber boots) that I want to have while I'm here since its to rain so much. I was so excited because they were on sale for just over 30$ and they ship to China! Then I entered the address and shipping as going to be like 150$! One of the teachers noticed me shopping and I told him that and he said get them off of taobao! I looked, if I read the site properly then I can get a pair for 60 RMB, yes that is 10$! So hopefully I do that! Then my poor feet won't be water logged. I've been pretty lucky so far, its been nice every day except for the first day but it is supposed to start raining again tomorrow!
Tomorrow I have two classes and then I will have finished my very first week as an actual teacher! Its so weird to not have someone there to double check or at least supervise everything that you do. I am going to give the kids a test next week and I am so worried I forgot to teach them something for this unit (but it is supposed to be a short unit) I'm going to go through the curriculum docs again this weekend and make sure that I got everything!
Anywho, I have a graphing assignment to go mark!
No comments:
Post a Comment