So I have officially been a REAL teacher for an entire week now, and so far so good. I thought it would take me a lot longer to feel like a teacher, but I do. When I went to Queen's (in my head I still feel like I do) we called non-students, or working people, or adults, or people who had their shit together, "real people." At the end of this school year we were all saying, "We're not ready to be real people." I now know that having a full-time job does not make you a real person. I still run over to my co-workers classrooms on breaks and talk about weird things. I showed my students a hilarious youtube video today (it really was math related), and then after school another co-worker and I went to the market and decided that to get out of the rain we should attempt our first beer-getting-while-out-by-ourselves experience, it was a success. We got 4 giant beers for two dollars total; yes....two dollars. Other than the creepy dog that kept rubbing up against us, it was a major success.
Also, looking down at my computer I guess I am a real teacher....there is chalk EVERYWHERE! Anywho, off to dinner and my first weekend as a real teacher I go!
No comments:
Post a Comment