Today is the first day back! Yesterday I spent most of the day lesson planning and going through my pictures from Thailand to put them on facebook. It felt so weird to be back teaching again today but it was also nice to be back.
I had completely forgotten something until today. So at random points in time the National Anthem of Thailand would start playing in the streets and you'd just have to stop where you were and stand for the whole song. The first time it happened I had no idea what was going on but I stopped walking just because literally everyone around me had. On my last day in Bangkok when I went to the movies I got there super early and had been sitting forever waiting for the movie to start when all of a sudden every one in the theater stood up; they were playing the song before the movie too; weird times.
I was reminded of this somehow today but I forget how. But my kids were asking me about the trip and I was showing them some pictures and one kid said "what about the lady boys?" How do you not laugh at that? I was like yes....I met some of those people too... I had no idea what to say lol!
Anywho I'm just on lunch and have two reference letters to write for my kids (they are not on top of things lol) so I better get going.
No comments:
Post a Comment