Last night me and the girls from Montreal explored Chiang Mai a bit. We found a restaurant where you can build your own salad which was exciting because you can hardly find salad in China! Afterwards we were looking for a place to have a drink. We found an interesting one that was essentially a liquor store with a patio in front. After going there we went to a place called Monkey that had two live bands that were both pretty good !
I started off today with a Thai cooking class. It was just me ans two other people who signed up but it was really good! I made pad Thai , green curry , cashew chicken and fresh spring rolls. Not to toot my own horn but they all ended up being really tasty !
After that I went to the flower market and festival. I wouldn't be my mothers daughter if I didn't checkout the local Flora ! There was a parade for the festival this morning and the floats were all made entirely of flowers! After I finished looking around there I decided to just keep cruising around town. I ended up finding a gelato place but the girl said they wouldn't open for over an hour. I decided it was worth it to just kill more time down there. As i turned the corner there was a massage place so I figured why not ? I should have really googled or YouTubed one first ! That lady contorted my body in ways I didn't know were possible. Not to mention that she actually walked on my back and then jumped to crack it , I havent heard a sound like that before in my life ! A few minutes later she used her hands to make a similar sound come from my neck.... I do feel better now though ! And the gelato after was delish.
Me and Laurie ( a Dutch girl at my hostel ) went for dinner earlier tonight. While we were there it started pouring rain and eventually we had to head back to the hostel in it . We were waiting sopping wet trying to hall a tuck tuck ( the tiny tricycle cabs here ) when finally one stopped ! It took us five minutes to explain how to get there but eventually he figured it out. We asked how much and he said 80. We said no no 60. And he said no but started driving and we laughed and said great 60 it is ! When we got to the Gate of our hostel he stopped and we both started saying please drive us in in our most whiny voices possible. He said okay but 80 and we said no no 60 and on he drove ! We paid 60 and ran to get tea and warm up. As he drove away he was still laughing at us lol. The difference of 20 baht is really less than 70 cents ! Lol.
Off to Phuket tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment