Monday, February 25, 2013

Spring!

Yesterday was the Chinese Lantern Festival; however I saw only fireworks, no lanterns lol. I swear to god this place looked like a war zone last night; lights flashing everywhere and loud sounds every five seconds. It started while it was still light out and finally tapered off around 11 pm or so with only intermittent fireworks after that. No matter which window in my apartment I looked out I could see fireworks in EVERY direction, it was actually kind of cool looking but got a little old after awhile lol!
Today was finally a semi-productive day. I woke up and went for breakfast/lunch (I woke up at 11....that part was not productive lol) and a bike ride so that was fun. Then I came back and actually cleaned my apartment and unpacked everything! I still haven't really done any lesson planning, but I still have tomorrow! I went to the office to visit our assistant and she wasn't there but I had lots of awesome surprises on my desk; with her coming back so does the mail I guess lol! I had a package from my Aunt Rosie and my Aunt Mary Lou and some cards from my parents and my friends! Happy Chinese New Year to me! lol. Thanks guys!
I also FINALLY made it to the market today so I now have food in my house. BUT I am also an idiot and dropped my "bag" of eggs on the ground on the way home, so no eggs for me for a couple days lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment