Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's MAY!

Well my afternoon off on Sunday didn't end up really being an afternoon off. One of my friends was supposed to judge an English competition and ended up having to work so I had to go fill in for her. It was kind of boring listening to the kids speeches for nearly 3 hours, but at least I got paid haha! That night we didn't do anything too exciting, I just hungout at my friend's Mike and Erin's for the night; having an apartment in town would be so convenient!

While I was in there on Sunday we planned the best breakfast for Monday morning. I headed in early Monday morning and it was awesome. We had bacon, mimosas and everything! So much better than the traditional Chinese breakfast of pickled veggies haha. Monday we had a pretty relaxing day and just meandered around town. On Tuesday we went to Hangzhou for the day. We wanted to do some shopping at the one market there because they have great stuff for souvenirs! We had to get up at 530 AM which sucked, but we lived! I was exhausted when we got back last night so I called it a night. Today I mainly just did work in the morning and then sat in the sun because it was SUPER nice out today!

I forget whether I posted pictures from this dinner. Mel and I went for a traditional chinese dinner with this guy Marshall; it was delicious.

This is the man who saved mine and Mel's lives when our train to Hangzhou got cancelled a few weeks ago. He tried to read our palms but couldn't speak any English so I still don't know my future!

This is from hot pot; these people are Erin and Mike (from the states) and Ana from New Zealand

This is THE hot pot

This is Brenda, a fellow Canadian

Ana had smoke in the bottle and was VERY intrigued by it.

Mike found goldfish!

These are the policeman at walmart

We are REALLY good at ping pong (not)

Yum. ALSO the live chickens at the store are gone because of the bird flu.

HUGE frogs. And there is no lid...

Our delish brunch on Monday



Sarah was loving the wigs at the stores

.....didn't look quite right when we put it back on  lol!

Shoe sale! We avoided that area completely lol


Random trinket box at a store in the mall

Fish BBQ!!!! YUMMM


On the train to Hangzhou; far too early in the morning!

Yay coffee...now Hangzhou isn't so bad!

This dog danced and sang a Shania Twain song!!!!!

This guy was selling pearls and opened oysters in front of us and there were so many pearls inside!

SO COOL!
Now tomorrow we have to go back to work but yay it's only a two day week! AND since today is May 1st it's only two more months until I come home! YAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment