Thursday, May 9, 2013

So Humid!

The last couple of days haven't been overly exciting. Our boss from Canada was visiting for the week. He took us all out for dinner last night so that was nice! Then after dinner I went and said good bye to my friend Sarah who left today to go back to the states. In 52 days that will be me! haha.

The kids are having another test tomorrow. They've written one test since the test with the cheating incident and they all wrote it at the same time in the lecture hall. I couldn't work the schedule out so that they could all write at the same time again. Today I told the one section that the other two would be writing it before them. They were all being whiny about it and I didn't really get why. When I finally asked one kid said that they didn't want to me to think they were cheating again. I laughed (it's kind of cute that that is what they're worried about) and assured him that they were getting two different tests.

My brother Joe and his fiance Sarah's Jack and Jill is this weekend! I'm sure that will be super fun! It's a little sad that I'm missing it but at least I get to go to the main event in July!!

Today is hot and BEYOND humid, it feels like 40 degrees! I hate when the weather is this hot! What's even more crazy is that some of the kids are wearing sweaters and jackets and they look perfectly comfortable!

I met this Chinese lady a couple of weeks ago in town. She started speaking English to me and we chatted for a bit. She lives really close to my school and asked if I'd like to go for a walk with her some evening. On Tuesday she texted me and I met her and her friend at the gate of my school (her dad works at my school). We walked around for a bit and then she finally got up the nerve to ask what she'd clearly been thinking about the whole time; whether or not I'd come visit her students (she teaches English at a middle school) next week since they'd never spoken English with a foreigner before. That should be an interesting experience! I wish I was better at saying no to people. These kids are probably going to be terrified of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment