Sunday, April 28, 2013

HOLIDAY!

On Thursday my kids wrote their test. There was a question about a ladder on the test and none of them knew what a ladder was; I never even thought about that being a problem! I had to stand at the front of the room and pretend to climb an imaginary ladder and then they finally got it lol! Later that day we had class still and we ended up having an interesting conversation about bodily functions. The kids are finally catching onto the "bless you" thing when people sneeze and we had been talking about it earlier in class because I sneeze and someone said bless you for the first time lol. Later on a kid burped and I just looked up and was like...say excuse me. The kid was like oh okay, excuse me. But can someone say bless you to me like if I sneeze and then it's okay? I burst out laughing. So then I had to explain proper burp and sneeze etiquette; thank god no one brought up farting, I was not ready for that.

On Friday I went out for dinner with one of the other teacher's and his girlfriend. They showed me a restaurant that I had never been to that was so good! I love Chinese food dinners because you just order a bunch of things and all eat off of every plate... it is however probably a really good way to spread the bird flu lol.

We had to work Saturday and Sunday this weekend because there's a holiday this week. What they don't seem to understand is that you can't call it a holiday if you make people work the weekend prior to it lol. It wasn't so bad really, I got all of the tests marked in the last couple days so now I don't have to do as much work over the "holiday."

Last night I went for a Hot Pot with a few people. You just pick all of the food you want and it's all raw and then you throw it into a very hot pot on your table and it all gets boiled. I think prices are going to scare me when I move home because this place was all you could eat and all the beer you could drink for like $8.50! After hot pot we went to walmart to grab a couple things and while we were in there we saw two policeman in like bullet proof vests and everything. At first we thought maybe something had happened but no they were just shopping and got into a photo with us lol!

I only had to teach for a couple of hours today because another teacher has a test this afternoon that my students are writing, so now I am officially on my weekend! YES!

This morning when I had class there were so many fireworks going off that I just had to stop talking at one point because the kids couldn't hear me at all. The best part was that the fireworks went off for like five minutes before anyone even mentioned it and they only reacted to them when I finally was like wow that's annoying! They eventually stopped Thank God.  

1 comment: