Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Less than 8 weeks!

This weekend was not overly exciting. I did some work on Saturday and Sunday...I am somehow STILL behind. One of my friends that works for another company leaves on Thursday and her going away party was on Sunday. It was a lot of fun even though it's sad she's leaving! By sad I mean I feel sad that she will be gone... when I get to leave I don't think I'll be sad! Less than 8 weeks!

This afternoon the kids had their grad photos. They were all pretty excited about that lol! They are actually still running around campus taking photos with their friends in the graduation gowns. It was fun to watch them do it and it was even better because it meant that classes were cancelled this afternoon; bonus! We only have 25 more teaching days left! I can't believe that! Luckily my students have almost learned everything we're doing already so I'm ahead of schedule...otherwise I'd be worried about finishing all of the material. The semesters got all confused because of where Chinese Spring Festival fell and so this semester was shorter than last semester.

ALSO it's been raining (it seems like) a lot here...I think for Jinhua it hasn't been a lot, but for me it's too much. And yet the little river that runs through campus is BEYOND dry.


I forget whether I talked about a new game. Everyone knows the "punch buggy" game? When you see a VW Beetle and you punch someone and say the colour. So this season in China has been great for a NEW game. It's the exact same except you punch people when people are wearing clothes that are the same colour as highlighters. This woman was wearing highlighter yellow....but no one I knew was around to punch.


These ones are from Sarah's going away party!

Erin and Sarah!

Brenda and Mike

Brenda and Josh; also from Canada! 
I'm also excited because I just realized that I go to Beijing one month from today! YAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment