Sunday, May 26, 2013

5 Weeks!

This weekend was not overly exciting. On Friday I had school and then went for dinner. I went for dinner at Mike and Erin's school, they have this food street...it was delicious. We got this stuff that Mike calls Chinese pizza (Chinese people do not call it this lol)...it was so tasty! We also got this breaded chicken thing that is stuffed with cheese! Their campus is really pretty I had never been there before. Later on we played some pool with our friends...I am still awful at pool. I feel like people who took a lot of physics should be good at pool...but that's false.

On Saturday I was pretty lazy. I did a minimal amount of work (similar to today) and then went and got a massage with my friend Ana. She had been to the place before..I hadn't...and I don't think I will ever be going back! The girl was so little but hurt me so much! Not to mention I have a bruise on my leg that she failed to notice and kept squeezing it. I swear to God though I must have bruises on my back it is KILLING me today. And any time I said ow or something she would just laugh and keep going. Ana and I were in the same room and her massage guy kept asking us random questions and then repeating the answers 20 times. He asked where we worked and then kept saying the names of our schools back to us... I don't really understand why.

After that I went out for dinner at a restaurant I had never been to, pretty tasty. We went to this pedestrian street in town after and one of our friends Sam was followed around by a mob of little Chinese girls (they were probably from 6 to 10 years old). They kept trying to talk to him and giggled at everything he said. Then when we all went to sit down they followed us to the bench and were swarming him so he couldn't sit down. Mike was like "anywhere but China this would be a pedophile alert to people around us." It was kind of true, there were like 6 little girls and Sam. It took maybe 15 minutes for one of their fathers to even come over and see what was happening and he just kind of joined in giggling with them.

This is what happens when you get bored in China...Mike makes us balloon swords and we fight

This police man was just standing in the intersection blowing a whistle and no one paid any attention to him

Erin and I on her e-bike...also not listening to the police officer

The man was adding more fake leaves to the fake trees at Fei Rock....on the worlds least safe looking ladder.

Mmm BBQ fish...one of my favourite things! This is Ana, Kay and Louise

Erin, Brenda and Mike at their campus!


More of their campus

Cheese stuffed chicken...obviously eaten out of a bag with no utensils....<3 China

So happy....love bird flu

This is my arm yesterday....yes those are bug bites. I forget whether I mentioned before that my students say I get so many bug bites because I'm like a delicacy for the Chinese bugs...gee thanks guys.

Sams fans simultaneously following him and shying away from him

No comments:

Post a Comment