So today is the last day of school; CRAZY! My last day with one of the sections was yesterday since I only have two of my sections on Friday. It really doesn't feel like the last day; I don't know why. The kids only have to do review, so it should feel like the last day. I had to start taking down all of their posters and things from the classroom. While I was doing this I took done one of the words from the word wall and there was a giant spider under it. At first I thought the spider was dead but a minute later it had moved; he's dead now, but still on the wall because I killed him with a book and couldn't bring myself to get him off the wall.
One of my kids gave me a pair of earrings yesterday which I thought was really cute. It came with a note that said something like thank you for being my a teacher and a good human being; I thought that was cute, although maybe she doesn't know me very well lol.
I have managed to accumulate so much stuff here. Both in my classroom, the office and my apartment. I threw a ton of stuff out from my classroom today. I think all of the teachers were doing the same thing because the garbage can is now more of an area of floor where stuff we don't want is lying. This afternoon I want to clean out my desk in the office too. The main thing I need to tackle is my apartment. I have no idea how I'm going to get everything home. There's probably going to be a bunch of stuff I'll leave here; but a lot of the shoes and clothes I wore all the time here I don't really want in Canada anyway, not only because they're kind of gross from China water and China ground, but also because I am so sick of looking at a lot of the clothes I brought here. When I go home and look in my closet at all the clothes I didn't bring to China it will be like a shopping spree; a free shopping spree...even better!
I don't come home for another 2.5 weeks, so I think it may be a little early to start packing, but I probably shouldn't put it off too much longer either! So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment