I was honestly DREADING today. April fools day used to stress me out as it was and this being my first year as a teacher, I had no idea what to expect. One student offered me candy and I very quickly declined but she ate it for the entire period, so I think she was just trying to be nice. One student told me there was a snake behind me to scare me, I knew she was lying but I still looked lol. Other than that nothing really happened (at least I haven't realized yet anyway).
I gave one of the other teachers my bananas that had gone bad last week and today he gave me some banana bread so that was nice! Another one of the teachers, his girlfriend ordered hot dog stuff off of the chinese e-bay and when I came home they had left one for me in my apartment! It had a bun and ketchup and mustard and EVERYTHING..it was delicious. My apartment is apparently super secure lol! It's not actually so bad, my kitchen windows have bars on them so she just reached her arm around the bars...a person couldn't actually get in (I don't think so anyway).
ALSO as I left the office this evening it was raining and one of my kids was walking by. He handed me his umbrella and I was like oh no that's okay and he honestly tried to convince me for two minutes to take his umbrella; these kids are so cute. It really wasn't raining that hard, I hardly got wet walking home without an umbrella. I also had one of my kids write down addresses for me in Chinese today so that I can show them to the cab drivers tomorrow. YES TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY (and even though it's a very special day I am not referring to the fact that it's my friend Alison's Birthday)! I go and meet Loretta and Jeanna in Hangzhou! I AM SO EXCITED.
I was standing in class today and someone knocked on the door. This was weird because no one ever knocks on the door. The kids just walk in, I don't think they've ever knocked. I didn't know who it could possibly be since the Principal was away today. So I walked towards the door and a man opened it as I got there, he poked his head in and said a couple of things in Chinese, looked around confused and left. The kids all just stared towards the door. I said I don't understand but in Chinese and the kids all burst out laughing. We still don't know who it was. I assumed it was one of the kids parents or something but no one seemed to know.
Today I spent most of the day trying to get stuff organized for the time I'm missing to hangout with Lor and Jeanna. I think I have thought of most things...but knowing me I'll have forgotten something! We don't have our train tickets back to Jinhua booked just in case their flight is late and stuff, so we'll see how getting tickets goes tomorrow! Hopefully everything goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment